Monday, August 22, 2011

A Husband in Good Hands.

Well it is almost midnight on Monday, and practically a new day!

And yes, dear reader, the blackberries that Grandmother Agnes' girl picked out in Streetsboro were the plumpest and sweetest ever!  Her girl took them down to the basement for me (I feel funny calling her a "girl" as she is at the very least, fifteen years my senior, I think her name is Katiana), I followed her down, in my own good time, and we dumped them right into the crocks, three of six!  I suppose I'll have to do some more thinking about this by next Sunday, as it will be time to switch to the second step of fermentation.



As we made our way back upstairs I caught a brief glimpse of my husband kissing his grandmother before his cell-phone rang.  It seems that no sooner that my Chas comes home, that he has to go off on another business venture.  Don't be alarmed, this is my life, I am well worn to it, and even Agnes gave a knowledgeable nod of approval.  Actually I was quite happy to hear that he was flying to San Francisco again, where he goes very often.
It really is very nice and I don't worry so, because he always rents a suite at a fine hotel, and bothers to call my best friend Martha's son, Bruce.  You should see the Amex bills, oh my, those two have such a wonderful time when they are together!
But don't tell Martha, Chas says that she will think that he is being too benevolent to her son, that she herself,  professes is her, "wild child".
So mums the word!  & Let those two have fun! (I've always found Martha's Bruce to be a very sensible man, but then, her life is so complicated). I do so miss mommy's Timmy.

Well, dear readers,  we restock the liquor cabinet on Tuesdays.  Zagara's truck is coming at the crack of noon,  and I have no idea where Gonzolas, my sixteen year old is, so I may have to take the delivery myself. I should probably have a few drinks & go to bed.

Nighty-night,
N


1 comment:

  1. we restock the liquor cabinet on Tuesdays.

    *makes mental note*

    ReplyDelete