Friday, August 19, 2011

Out of Loneliness and Out of a Sincere Desire to Give; I Therewith Consecrate This Blog for the Lonely.

My best neighbor, Martha, of whom I can only say, had the kindness to loan me a screwdriver when I first moved into this house in Shaker Heights, Ohio, at a time when I was in need.  Anyway, as Martha walked down the drive to collect the mail the other day, I couldn't help but overhear her mutter the word "blog".  I was not evesdropping, I was simply out in my dungerees & gloves getting rid of the poison ivy (hopefully from the roots), and didn't want to call attention to myself.

But this got me to thinking about what my eldest child, Timmy told me one time:  "Mother", he said, "You have so much sloppy loving, you should spread it around as far as it will go."
Then he said, "For fucks sake, what drips on the floor could feed the animals on death row of the ASPCA for a year."  And right after the storm door slammed shut, some eighteen months ago, he shrieked out, "Start a Blog!".....

So, dear reader, when I heard my best friend Martha mutter the word "Blog", I took that as a sign from the Almighty that I should do just that.

And now you know a little bit about me, and please if you desire to comment, please address me as Nita, as is common amongst friends.

Here is a Photograph of my lovely home-


I wonder where my Timmy is and what he is doing, occasionally, between bourbons.

7 comments:

  1. But where are my manners...

    Please Nita, forgive me for I was taken by such an enthusiastic spring of joy to see that Mrs S's neighbour is joining the blogosphere!

    May I offer you my heartiest welcome,

    Sincères amitiés,
    Jehan-Pierre (but you can call me Jon)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "What" he is doing? Or, perhaps, "who"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you both, desperately, but my ice is getting cold...
    I'll be back in several moments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SLURRRP!
    Your name is Jon?
    That's nice, I was never much for that silent "H" business...
    It actually wrecks the whole Dewey decimal system..
    Somehow how I am sure that you are very nice to your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely landscaping.

    Who trims your bush?

    ReplyDelete